Welcome to CloverCon!
Anime characters live in worlds of constant peril, but we'd like to avoid that here with some rules of conduct. Please read over these rules and have a great time at the convention!
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Rules of Conduct
1) Under no circumstances are items to be left unattended. Do not ask any member of the convention staff to watch your items for you. Somerset County 4-H is not responsible for your property.
2) No unauthorized signs or PA systems will be allowed.
3) Acceptance of membership (attending the convention) indicates that the attendee (or parent in the case of minors under the age of 18) has read and agreed to the rules of conduct and constitutes consent to the use of the attendee's image or likeness in any recording, transmission, or reproduction for the purpose of promoting CloverCon.
4) There are always plenty of people in costume at conventions. Individuals have the right to not be photographed if they do not wish it; please ask politely before snapping away.
5) A parent or guardian should accompany all children under the age of 13 at all times. Some panels may be inappropriate for younger ones & will be marked as such in the program.
6) CloverCon does not tolerate disruptive behavior. We will take action when we see something we feel is dangerous or disruptive. That means no fighting (fake or real), heckling, impeding traffic flow, offensive behavior, or any other behavior that disrupts your fellow CloverCon members. Please cooperate with event staff.
If it actually is a weapon, or looks like a realistic gun, it is NOT permitted on the premises.
Weapons NOT permitted include:
LIVE STEEL: Objects made of metal, which can take an edge, even if it is not sharpened. It also includes whip chains. Note: Even in a sheath, a sword is still live steel.
PROJECTILE WEAPONS: For example, pellet guns, BB guns, air guns, crossbows, or water guns. Real guns or replicas of real guns are also prohibited. Prop guns that are easily identifiable as toys, have no moving parts and are clearly marked with a non-removable orange tip may be allowed.
NUNCHAKU are not permitted.
EXPLOSIVES or CHEMICALS of any kind including such are not permitted at the con.
Finally, if it is illegal outside the con, it is illegal inside the con. Illegal weapons will be reported.
Staves, bo sticks, bokken, shinai, and wooden swords will be permitted. Fake, prop, or made-up weapons (i.e. made of tissue paper, plaster of Paris, cloth) are permitted, if they are safe and not dangerous to others. Examples of dangerous conditions include–but are not limited to–wires sticking out and items that might trip others.
Behavior with Weapons
Misuse of any weapon or prop, such as swinging it in a public area or causing hazards to others, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe for the convention–even if it’s technically the member being unsafe, not the weapon.
If a weapon or prop is deemed unsafe, we will ask you to remove the weapon or prop from the convention.
Any weapon purchased in the Dealers Room must be boxed and removed from convention property immediately.
All props and weapons brought into the convention may be inspected and approved or rejected by event staff. All questionable weapons or props will be decided on a case-by-case basis and the staff's decision is final.